- Marinate the chicken breasts in the lemon and sugar for 1 to 3 hours.
- Split in half, wash and slice the white of leeks very thinly
- Heat the butter in a 4qt. pot, add the sliced leeks and lower the flame.
- Stew the leeks over low heat stirring occasionally to prevent them from browning.
- Once the leeks are soft add the milk and reduce by half under moderate heat.
- Pour the mixture in the food processor, puree it for 1 minute, adding the cream
- Put the puree back into the pot and reduceover low heat till it becomes a thick puree.
- Add the salt and pepper to taste
- Away from the heat, add the mustard.
- Set aside.
- Heat-up the grill for 10 minutes.
- Set the oven at 220°.
- Pull the chicken breast out of the marinade. Pad them dry with a paper towel.
- Place the marinated chicken breasts on the "Lacanche" hot grill at a 45° angle, presentation side first. Baste the other side with the marinade.
- Once the scoring marks on the meat reach a rich brown color (+/-3 minutes), turn the chicken breast on the other side and proceed the same way.
- Once the chicken is marked on both sides, place it on an oven tray and finish cooking in the oven set at 220° for 6 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, heat-up the leek puree over low flame.
- Once the chicken is cooked, spoon the leek puree onto plates and pose the grilled chicken on it.
Level of difficulty:
- 6 Chicken Breasts
- Juice of 2 Lemons
- 1 Tbs. Sugar
- 6 White Part of Fresh Leeks
- 25gr Butter
- 25c1 Heavy Cream
- 25c1 Whole Milk
- 2Tbs Whole Grain Dijon Mustard
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 bowls
- 1 sauce pot
- 1 shallow dish
- Paper towel
- Oven tray
- 1 food processor
- Basting brush