- Peel the zests of the oranges with a potato peeler and cut into very thin julienne strips.
- Heat 2 TBS of the oil in large saucepan and add the onions and orange zest strips.
- Preheat the griddle at 200°
- Press the juice of the oranges and add to the pot with the sugar and cook slowly till the onions and the zest and become soft for about 30 minutes.
- Salt and pepper the fish filets, dredge them in the flour, then in the egg and then coat with the honey cake crumbs.
- Oil the griddle lightly with a paper towel
- Cook the fish on both sides until golden brown
- Place the onion orange marmalade on a plate and put the breaded fish on top.
- Squeeze some lemon on the fish before serving.
Level of difficulty:
- 1 kg. Sliced Onions
- 4 Oranges
- 60gr. Sugar
- 6 Filets of Sea Bass Flour for dredging
- 2 Beat Eggs
- Honey Cake Crumbs (pain d'épice) (or regular bread crumbs)
- 6 TBS. Peanut Oil
- 1 Lemon
- 1 peeler
- 1 saute pan
- 3 shallow dishes
- 1 juicer