- Mix the pressed garlic, fennel seed, wine and olive oil and marinate the meat for at least two hours or overnight.
- Turn the meat over several times during the marinating time.
- Cut the peppers and fennel in thin strips.
- Dip the strips in boiling water for 15 seconds and chill in iced water immediately and drain well.
- Heat-up the griddle or the grill for at least 10 minutes
- Take the meat out of the marinade and pat it dry with a paper towel
- Cook the meat on the griddle (or on the grill) to the doneness you desire.
- Reserve the meat in a shallow dish and let the meat cool before cutting the strips.
- Meanwhile, reduce the marinade in a sauce pot to about 1/5 of its volume.
- Prepare the salad dressing and add the reduced marinade to the dressing.
- Mix the salad greens with some of the dressing and place on the plate.
- Mix the peppers and fennel with the rest of the dressing and place on top of the salad with the capers.
- Slice the meat and place it around the salad.
- Serve cold.
Level of difficulty:
- 1kg New York Strip Steak or Rump Steak
- 6 cloves Pressed Fresh Garlic
- 100cl. Olive Oil
- 250cl. White Wine
- 1 TBS Fennel Seeds
- 4 Bell Peppers (red, green, orange, yellow etc.)
- 1 large Fennel Root
- Mixed Salad Greens
- Salad Dressing:
- 1 TBS Dijon Mustard
- 2 TBS Xeres Vinegar
- 6 TBS Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- 2TBS Capers
- 2 bowls
- 1 gastro tray
- 1 pot
- 1 shallow dish
- 1 sauce pan
- 1 colander
- 1 salad bowl