- Cut the rabbit into 8 pieces.
- Chop the tomatoes in half and put them in the roasting tray.
- Put in the oven at 180° for 45 minutes.
- Make up the parcels by placing the following on a slice of bacon: a piece of rabbit, then a slice of liver, a slice of lemon and a sprig of thyme.
- Wrap and then tie up with twine.
- Brown the parcels in olive oil in the stew pan. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the white wine, water, bayleaf and garlic. Cook for ¾ hour on the simmer plate. The sauce should reduce.
- When the tomatoes are well-roasted, take out the skins.
- Pass the pulp through the food mill, season with salt and pepper and keep hot.
- Remove the twine from the parcels and arrange them for presentation covered in sauce together with the tomato confit and some fresh pasta.
Level of difficulty:
- A 1.2 kg rabbit and its liver
- 8 thin slices smoked bacon
- 1kg well-ripened tomatoes
- 1 unwaxed lemon
- 6 cloves garlic
- Thyme, bay leaf
- Olive oil
- 1 glass white wine
- enamelled cast-iron flat stew pan
- roasting tray
- chopping board
- large knife
- food mill
- pudding basin
- kitchen twine