Place the beef in the roasting tray. Dot with butter. Pre-heat oven to 230°C.
- Put the beef in the oven and half-cook it (about 10 minutes at 230°C).
- Remove the fillet, season with salt and pepper and leave until luke-warm. Deglaze the roasting tray and collect the juice.
- Coat the fillet with the foie gras mousse.
- Roll out the puff pastry.
THEN PLACE IT ON THE LIGHTLY-OILED BAKING TRAY.
- PRE-HEAT THE OVEN TO 230°C.
Place the fillet at the centre of the puff pastry, taking care not to pinch the meat, and wrap it up.
- DECORATE WITH THE REMAINING PASTRY, SMEAR ON THE YOLK OF THE EGG AND PLACE IN THE OVEN AT 220°C FOR 15 MINUTES.
Level of difficulty:
- 1kg fillet of beef, no barding or string
- 1 foie gras mousse
- 500 g puff pastry
- 1 egg
- 40g butter
- salt & pepper
- 1 rolling pin
- 1 baking tray
- 1 roasting tray
- 1 small glass carafe
- 1 flexible metal spatula