- This dish requires the preparation of a marinade (marinating time: 12 hours).
- Marinate the poultry pieces in the wine, garlic and herbs in the mixing bowl.
- Brown the lardons in the casserole pot, remove them and set aside.
- Remove the poultry pieces from the marinade, sponge gently.
- Brown them in the casserole pot with a little oil.
- Pour the marinade, after passing it through the strainer, over the poultry pieces. Add the lardons. Check the seasoning, cover and simmer for 1½ to 2 hours onthe gas simmer plate.
- Remove the poultry pieces and arrange them on a serving dish. Keep them hot in the oven (70°C).
- To prepare the sauce, work 40g of butter into the flour.
- Use the whisk to mix the flour-butter mixture into the marinade, then reduce on the simmer plate.
- Lightly pan-fry the mushrooms in butter on a brisk flame.
- Place the mushrooms on the poultry pieces. Cover with sauce. Serve up.
Level of difficulty:
- A 2.5-kg cock cut into pieces
- 1 or 2 bottles red burgundy
- 1 generous slice of half-salt bacon cut into lardons
- 10 small onions
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 100g butter (40g for the mushrooms, 60g for the sauce)
- 500g white button mushrooms
- 1 bouquet garni (thyme, bayleaf, parsley)
- 2 cloves garlic
- Salt, pepper, oil
- 1 frying pan
- 1 cast-iron casserole pot
- 1 large glass mixing bowl
- 1 conical strainer
- 1 slotted spoon
- 1 whisk
- 1 meat skewer
- 1 small glass ramekin
- 1 medium-sized ladle
- 1 serving dish