These superior crêpes go very well with meat or poultry dishes.
- Prepare the clarified butter by melting it in a small saucepan.
- As soon as it begins to foam, gently skim off the foam until it is completely clear.
- Set the clarified butter aside in a small glass ramekin.
- Cook the potatoes in salted water, then purée them in the mixing bowl.
- Mix in the milk and allow to cool.
- Mix in the 3 spoonfuls of flour then, one at a time, the whole eggs, followed by the whites.
- Mix with a hand-powered beater or a wooden spoon until the consistency is that of thick cream. Heat the gas simmer plate.
- To cook each crepe, butter the pan and pour in the mixture: the pancakes will form naturally. Brown one side, then the other. Keep warm until ready to serve.
Level of difficulty:
- 400g butter
- 500g peeled potatoes
- ½ litre of milk
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 whole eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 1 small saucepan
- 1 small ladle
- 1 glass ramekin
- 1 food mill
- 1 wooden spoon
- 1 hand-powered beater
- 1 glass mixing bowl
- 2 small blini pans