- Preheat the oven at 90°
- Turn on the simmer plate on medium
- Peel the eggplants and cut them in 2cm thick slices
- Heat the olive oil in the sauté pan
- Sear the eggplant slices on both sides, browning them slightly
- Add the garlic cloves and season with salt, sugar and pepper
- Cover the pan and keep cooking for about 20 minutes on the side of the simmer plate, checking periodically to avoid any scorching
- Cut the ham slices in 6cm squares
- Place them on a pastry pan lined with baking paper
- Bake the ham for 10 minutes in the oven
- Drain and cut the piquillos peppers in small pieces
- Using the hand blender, liquefy them, adding a little bit of water to help, if needed
- Season with salt, pepper and sugar.
- To serve, stack three slices of eggplant alternatively with 3 slices of ham in the center of the plate
- Drizzle two tablespoon of piquillos coulis
- Decorate with a few chive sprigs
Level of difficulty:
- 700 g eggplant.
- 4 large slices of Serrano ham.
- 160 g piquillo peppers.
- 20 cl olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves.
- Sugar, salt and pepper
- 1 peeler
- 1 pot
- 1 shallow sauté pan
- Baking paper
- 1 electric hand blender