- Soak the dried mushrooms overnight then rinse several times to get all the sand out. Drain them out on paper towel.
- Place the 6 pieces of puff pastry the pastry tray. Brush the egg wash on top and score lightly with a knife in a criss-cross design.
- Bake the puff pastry squares at 180°C for 25 to 30 minutes until the dough has puffed and the top has browned.
- When the puff pastry squares are baked let them cool down on the oven rack.
- Peel and cut the carrots and celery root in 5cm x 7mm x7mm large matchstick pieces (batonnet).
- Wash and cut the ends of the string beans. Cut the in half lengthwise to match the other batonnets of vegetables.
- Place the carrots, celery root and string beans in the perforated gastro container and steam them for about 6 minutes. Once cooked, drop them in a bowl of cold water for 1 mn. Drain them out and set them aside.
- Heat up the sauté pan and add the butter. Place the vegetables and the drained mushroom in the melted butter and reheat them for 4 minutes. Season them well.
- Meanwhile open the puff pastry square in half
- Spoon the vegetables on to the opened, warm puff pastry and serve hot.
Level of difficulty:
- 300gr Carrots
- 300gr Celery Root
- 300gr Fresh String Beans (French Style)
- 100gr Dried Wild Mushrooms
- 2 Tbs. -Butter
- Salt & Pepper
- 6 pieces (8cm x 8cm) Puff Pastry
- Egg wash
- 4 bowls
- 1 slotted spoon
- 1 pastry tray
- 1 oven rack
- 1 pastry brush
- 1 shallow sauté pan