Put the flour in a mixing bowl with a pinch of salt and add the water, followed by the softened butter.
- Mix the pastry with the wooden spoon then knead to make more elastic.
- Soften the onions in the butter. Once they are transparent and slightly caramelised, set them aside for later.
- Blanch the smoked bacon in simmering water. Set aside for later.
- Spread the pastry in the flan tin, taking care to cover the sides properly. Pre-heat the oven to 200°C.
- Baste the sides with the egg yolk; PRICK THE BASE OF THE TART WITH A FORK AND PUT IT IN THE OVEN AT MAXIMUM TEMPERATURE FOR 10 MINUTES.
- Cover the pre-cooked tart base with the onions and the bacon.
- Chop the herbs and sprinkle over the bacon slices.
- Mix the eggs and cream, then pour on top.
- Place in the oven for 25 minutes at 200°C, followed by 20 minutes at 220°C.
Level of difficulty:
- 200g flour
- 100g butter
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1 small pinch salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 6 thin slices smoked bacon
- 3 onions, peeled and thinly sliced
- 6 to 8 chives
- 1 small bunch parsley
- 80g butter
- 3 eggs
- 0.4 litre fresh cream
- 1 flan tin, 28cm diameter
- 1 frying pan, 30cm diameter
- 1 stainless steel saucepan
- 1 glass ramekin
- 1 glass mixing bowl
- 1 large ladle
- 1 pastry brush
- 1 wooden spoon